YOU've got the power!
Dangerous density of hot topics, interesting people and crazy time! Do you think you can handle it? Then throw yourself into the burning middle of Europe because Budapest is about nothing but ENERGY this Summer!
Let's burn everything we can! - Let's see how conventional systems work!
Catch it if you can! - Chase the wind and the sun with us!
Split it up! - Do you feel in control? Would you feel in control 50 meters away from 42 tons of uranium and a chain reaction?
Speed it up! - Get a ride on the electric network with the speed of light!
Don't stop here, there is a lot more! Get deeply into energetics and get an extensive view of the main methods of producing electricity and heat, and getting it from the plant to the consumer. Find out more about the alternatives, their pros and cons, and have a look at the changes that the future might bring...
Don't forget about the overwhelming energy of Budapest! Feel the beating of the capital of Hungary day and night!15 public thermal baths, lots of litres of palinka and wine, delicious Hungarian goulash and salami, unforgettable parties and of course LBG Budapest is waiting for you.
Do you think you've got the power?
Spin it up and apply now! May the ENERGY be with you!
- Content and topics:
- Non-renewable energies: nuclear energy, fossil fuels. Renewable energies: solar energy, biomass, hydro power, wind power, geothermal energy. Electrical energy transmission systems. Future trends in power production and in effective energy use.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Getting a clear picture of the energy situation and improve the understanding of how to reduce the unsustainable use of limited energy resources.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, interest in the topic, answers for the custom questions, previous studies, cultural diversity
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Breakfast and dinner by organisers, lunch by cantine
- Public transport, train